omgajdfljadfjaldfjkajfdjlda SANDY!!!! I can't believe that was your video that won! I was like totally freaking out over that one because it was my personal favorite of the winners! ajdlfjadkjsljsdlsdj Awesome!
Erm, pretty much all I have to talk about is Harry Potter news, haha it's either that or my exam grades and quite frankly I want to ignore those (except for the fact that I did really well on my English/History, the ones I took while wearing my Pizza John shirt, coincidence? I think not!)
So in the field of build up to the last movie, I'm going to reread the books 1-7 in time for the last one and I'm doing this at www.rereadingpotter.com We'll be rereading the series two chapters at a time, starting February 1st if any of you Potter fans are interested come join, it looks like it's gonna be a lot of fun!
And the much more fun news (what could possibly be more fun than rereading Potter?!) is that there is now a wizard rock radio station! It's getting more awesome everyday as more artists add their music, but yeah, so that's pretty much what I've been doing (instead of homework *cough cough*). Find that here!
So yup, that's my week! I hope everyone (who is taking them) has got through midterms/finals alright and I hope your week continues to be awesome!
*stares at blog post* *looks down at keyboard* *back at post* *sighs*
I have nothing of interest to share today ): Though I am very excited for the 100-post meebo chat next week :)
I mentioned this before but I did enter Ministry of Magic's music video contest! Threw something together last minute and uploaded my video on Sunday. I waited all Tuesday for Luke to post the results, but eventually had to go to bed so I didn't see it until the morning after.
Happy to say that I landed third place! (See my entry here.)
It's only been a week since then, but my excitement has long since died down XD... Or maybe the disbelief has taken root even more strongly than before.
And yet again, I don't have school.
However, last week was finals week. Which mean's I only have four hours of school a day. It also means that my AP teacher get's to make the hardest multiple choice test of the year and give it to us. Five months before the AP test. Oh well, I GOT AN A. Sorry. I just felt like pointing that out.
Things I have learned this week (because it's important, and this is all i can think of)
1. How to count in binary. Not sure how i'll use that, but i'm sure i'll think of something.
2. Finished Apres Moi on piano. Got through part of eet. Not sure why, but the chorus doesn't work in my head.
3. Music theory. mostly stuff I should have learned last summer, but didnt. inversions and such.
4. How to make an awesome mix tape. like with a cassette. sort of. I'm not sure the music's right for the recipient.
5. I can pass finals. (that was a big one)
6. When giving a presentation, don't play with your hands. (not from experience, from observing). Also, If you live in california, don't do a report on an earthquake. no one wants to hear it.
I think that's it. I found a lovely new artist this week also. his name is andrew bird. he's a very good musician.
And now, I must go finish things i've been putting off. Bye all!
On the upside... I love Reid :) Both from Luke and Reid, and from Criminal Minds. But currently Spencer Reid. I love his hair cut...and the rest of him. He's soo yummy :) And so is Morgan. And I think they should just admit their love for each other and be together :D <3
So currently I'm sitting here with my sister, the awesome one, watching Reid/Morgan videos (hehe) and talkin about stuff, while I procrastinate on this and my other blog type thing on Livejournal... while she's rudely kicking my dog :( Poor puppy, she lives in this cruel, cruel world. :/
TBH I don't remember what I was talking about last week, and am too lazy to go check, so I'm not gonna continue on with anything if I was intending to... Oh, I just lied, I went and checked. It was nothing special. Just like all my other posts. haha.
Boats and Hoes... just sayin.
TGIPF... (Thank God It's Past Friday)-incase you were wondering. This week has been so long, it was like death on a stick. Legit. You should see what it's like for the awesome sister though, she has exams coming up, so this week has been all prep for that...boooring. My gosh, I'm so glad I'm done with highschool, and moved on :) But I'm gonna miss her when she's done, cuz I know she's not gonna stay here. We're starting a youtube channel to stay together like Hank and John Green, but it still won't be the same...
I love Kristen Bell <3 I love everyone, just saying... I could sit here mentioning all the people I like apparently. Like Craig Ferguson... he is my FAVOURITE person EVER :D I've loved him since Saving Grace, that was a f*ing awesome movie, btw. Ftw... just sayin. and the two of them together is like AHHHH <3 They're HILARIOUS. Look them up. I never used to like her, but after watching Veronica Mars last year... i wish I was a lesbian so that I could marry her. :)
Yeah, so before I ADD rant... I'm gonna go. Cuz I already fail at life.
Strangely, I actually am not too much a fan of the question of what are your favorite books. I seem to only be able to say Harry Potter off the top of my head and then I feel like I'm not all that well read, but here is the list of some books that I think are worth mentioning for various reasons.
1. Though I've already listed it Harry Potter is the books which I have grown up with. In the past year or so they have become such a part of my life as I've dived deeper into the fandom and found awesome things like Nerdfighters and Wizard Rock. For me it's about more than just the books and the writing and the world that was created. It is about what Harry Potter has brought to me in the real world. Everything connected to this series has been about teaching me to have fun, something, I'm finding, I need to learn how to do.
2. Another book of mention which is very important to me is Paper Towns. I actually started rereading that today. I brought my copy to Madagascar when I went and started my second read through of the book. Everything that was brought up about human nature and imagining each other complexly really helped me while I was on an adventure that was changing my life. While I was in Madagascar I was figuring out that people have a difficult time seeing each, especially complexly, so that book helped me figure out a lot of things. It is one of my dreams to get my beat up copy signed by John Green and tell him that myself one day.
3. Maragret Peterson Haddix is one of my favorite authors. She has written a couple of books which I have really enjoyed and have been some of my favorite reads. I really liked Running Out of Time and Double Identity. I think my favorite of hers has to be Escape From Memory. That is one of those stories which has stayed with me since I read it in 5th or 6th grade.
4. Final book I'll include on this list is called The Storm Theif this was a book that I picked up at a used book store. It looked vaguely interesting and I'm a big fan of sci fi so I thought I'd get it. It is actually one of my favorite books. It looks at questions of human nature and issue like silent genocide and the tension between chaos and order. It's hard to explain what it is that I like about it so much and also pretty hard to explain the plot but it is absolutely one of my favorite books that I've read recently.
In other news of awesome, I got my Pizza John shirt in the mail yesterday and wore today during my history and English finals. It was awesomely awkward trying to explain what the shirt "means" to people. I think I came up with: "So my favorite YA author has a video blog and someone took his face from the three seconds he had a mustache in a video and put it on a shirt. It says pizza because he likes pizza. Yeah, it doesn't really make much sense...." But it was a lot of fun wearing that. I'm also going to get to wear my Hufflepuff tie to school tomorrow because I'm giving a presentation on the Harry Potter Alliance as one of my finals. All in all, midterms are turning out fairly well this year!
This was hard to narrow down. So many books that I love, love, love!
1. Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare, The Demon's Lexicon series by Sarah Rees Brennan, Graceling series by Kristin Cashore --> The three have action, adventure, humor, romance, fantasy: all the things I love most
3. If I Stay by Gayle Forman - made me cry, made me rethink what I felt about life. Beautifully written. A book about love and a book about choices.
4. Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins - absolutely breathtaking, shocking, and haunting. This is the only series that made me cry the second time around reading it.
5. Shiver series by Maggie Stiefvater - unique prose, well-written, funny, and makes you laugh while you cry
6. Stolen by Lucy Christopher - I still get shivers thinking about this book. It's so psychologically intense. I know the ending will make me cry, but I still reread it over and over again because it's so beautiful.
7. Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine - the book that first inspired me to become serious about writing. Loved the main character, the writing, the story.
8. Oh, The Places You'll Go by Dr. Seuss - has an amazing message delivered in a cute format.
9. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte - I am not a big fan of classics, despised reading Wuthering Heights and I got bored halfway through The Scarlet Letter, but Jane Eyre is so intense - written so very well. The two leads bounce off each other, have so much chemistry, you can't help but keep reading. I'm very excited for the movie coming out!
10. Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols - I don't read much contemporary, but this book is extremely well-written, the characters are so well-defined and have so much chemistry, and the dialogue is hillarious!
And some books I've recently read that were really awesome: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins (made me laugh so hard!) Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta (beautifully, beautifully, beautifully written)
PS. Does anyone have a goodreads account? It's a cool site where you can win free books and keep track of the books you've read. You can add me as a friend here, if you'd like :D
So I read a lot. My friends can attest to this. I'm always loaning them weird books I know they'll never read. But anyway. I think I'll write about not the good books, but the ones that stay with me. Because there's so many, I'm limiting myself to no more than 15. I might not get that high.
I'm thinking chronologically.
1. Esperanza Rising, fifth grade. It was so well written, and the characters are still some of my favorites.
2. Aimee, Seventh Grade. It's about this girl who's best friend commits suicide. Its a really dark book, but it has so many bits that you don't notice until you read it again. I've read it three times. I realized that you don't know the protagonist's name until the end. I could analyze that, but it would take too long.
3. Looking For Alaska. Eighth grade, I believe. I've read it three times. It still makes me cry. I'm trying to get my school to adopt it as a sophomore book.
4. Everything is Illuminated. Safran Foer is one of the truest geniuses I've ever encountered. This book recounts the story of a Jewish man who is retracing his family's history. It's three plot lines, and impossible to follow at points, but it means I can read it multiple different ways.
5. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. Last summer. same author. Less to say. I guess it sort of brought home the impact of 9/11. I hadn't really thought about it and I was only six when it happened, so this book was helpful.
6. The Perks of Being a Wallflower, every year since middle school. This is by far one of my favorite books of all time. Charlie is everybody in so many ways, but he's also one of the most unique characters i've ever seen.
Now I will randomly list good books.
It's kind of a funny story
Harry potters 1-7 with an emphasis on the third.
outrageous acts and Everyday Rebellions
When It Happens
V for Vendetta. Not technically a book, but i think it's my third favorite ever
A History of Love
John Stewart's guide to Democracy in America
I think that is it.
I also forgot to mention a while ago that I'm a ravenclaw. Yee.
So... Hey :D How's it going? I'm freezing right now, all alone in my lovely bedroom, only my sleeping dog as a reminder that there are other human lifeforms out there. I kinda feel like that Will Smith movie... What's it called? I wanna say i-robot, but not that one, the one after it...? Hmm... Oh, oh! I am legand. That was a good movie. Not as good as Hancock though. But yeah I feel like that. What has been happening since last week... Oh yeah I didn't write one last week, crap. I don't think I did? I don't remember... I'm sorry I didn't. It's been crazy right now. My famjam were on vaycay, and then school. What was two Thursdays ago then? Before new years? Wow long time no see then, I haven't talk to ya'll in like a year :P
New years my sister, the awesome one, and I went to our friend's house and hung out. We didn't drink, much, but we did build awesome snowmen, and played What? ...if you've never heard of this game, you're deprived, seriously.
Then we went to Thornbury for a week. Sadly our friends did not, though they came for one day :) But it was nice, because we finally got cable. We don't have it in our house, so it was highly awesome to have it again :) I watched so many reality shows though, Say Yes to the Dress was my favourite. I watched it at least twice a day. It was on all the time I swear. But since wedding dresses are like my favourite thing ever I love that show ^^ But yeah it was mostly a lot of lazyness, and awesomeness cuz I wasn't at school. So it was a good week.
This past week has been kind of stressful, its the first week back at school, and I had to get new books, and get all caught up, and such. And my sister, the awesome one, has been freaking out too... She had to apply to universities this week, and she couldn't decide. Luckily finally she did. But other stuff, family, and with her friends, has just been horrible for the both of us. Me mostly because she rants to me and I worry about her. I don't mind, cuz I love her, but I just hope it all turns out. She and her friend are arguing because she likes him, and she didn't know if he did, so everytime he didn't answer her, which he did a lot, she thought he didn't back. But now she knows that he did and he was just being a douche. NoBigDeal. But he's upset and not talking to her, which makes her more upset, and neither of us know what to do... What do you think? :)
Current soundtrack of my life: Taylor Swift- Speak Now. I am slowly growing to love that whole album. I was a little sketchy about some of the songs, but guess what... Those are currently my favourite ones :D oh the wonders of my life. I have a mix of Mean and Speak Now in my head, partially because I was just listening to both those. Haunted is awesome too... My sister, the awesome one, can't stop listening to it. Probably because it's the song she thinks describes everything right now. Which is kind of sad. I wish they could just work everything out. They were so adorable, they'd stay up late talking to each other, and he added her into his bro talk session when he didn't anyone else (I don't get it either, but it sounded cute when she explained it..), and he calls her a dork all the time. She's on all the time waiting for him to come on, and she just looks so happy when he finally does, its kind of sickening. And if I liked him more I would want them to go out. But he "cheated" on her once. He doesn't consider it, but we're both confused how he doesn't see it that way. So I haven't liked him since. Like really, who cheats on my sister... She's awesome!
I'm so glad it's finally almost Friday, and on top of that, I'm so glad that I have Fridays off. Long weekend all year round :D I'm so tired, I feel like I haven't had sleep all week, and I don't want to move or talk, or do anything. I just want to sit, and chill, in my cold, lonely room... >.> I wish my sister, the awesome one, didn't have to go to bed before me, so that she would be awake when I finally come up here. I doubt she's asleep anyways, she's been having trouble sleeping too. I'm hungry, I didn't eat dinner... I hate when my dad cooks, I wish he would just let me do it. Gosh!! I hate that he's always around and trying to be a part of things, I don't want him here, invading in on my stuff, on purpose, just to make me mad.
Oh well, I'm getting tired, and I have a long day of blah ahead of me tomorrow. So I think I'm going to go bug my awesome sister and see if she's still awake. Night Ya'll :D ♥
Yes, a UFO actually abducted me last week and therefore I didn't finish my post
No, gahhhhh! I just sort of died under school work last week and therefore never finished my post. Which brings me to the first part of the this blog post
Part 1: Punishments
We have discussed punishments and I have the general feeling that we are in support of punishments when a blog is blatantly missed *cough cough* mine *cough cough* or is late, however it is also clear that we do not have a very good system for having punishments. So here is what I propose:
A punishment tribunal!
Basically when a girl misses a day we seem to agree that there should be a punishment but we never really get around to talking about it! So here's my idea which can totally be amended and talked about but here is a place to start. Everyone is in charge of someone else's punishment... sort of... erm, let me explain.
So if Rachel misses a day (Tuesday) then I (Wednesday) am in charge of email everyone else and starting a conversation about what the punishment should be. So the day after you (or Monday for Friday) is in charge of starting the conversation about punishments through email. I'm thinking this might be a more efficient way of doing this. But I don't know, feedback is welcome and we could also introduce a strike system if need be.
Also, I must crazy trying to set this up when I miss so much!
Anyway Part 2: Why Today is amazingly awesome!
Late Christmas presents:
So today has been pretty awesome!
Part 3: Missing Confessions/Resolutions
1. Sometimes I really feel like I'm going crazy, to the point where I can't get a handle on myself. Most of the time I'm fine, but there are moments like this and they scare me more than anything
2. I hate feeling like I can't help someone when they're going through a hard time or reading them wrong when they are like this.
3. One of my greatest fears is that I will not make lasting relationship, be they of the friend type or the boyfriend type. I'm afraid that I can't do this and it makes me feel like I'm alone in the world.
4. My mother is my best friend in the entire world. I don't know what I'll do without her as I head off into the real world. I'm terrified of losing her.
This is a bit more complicated because I haven't quite made them yet. I'm going to do a project called 101 Things in 1001 Days. This requires coming up with 101 goals and I don't want to rush making this list. Here are some general things I know I want to put in there, in one form or another.
-Dance everyday afterschool like a crazy person for 30 mins (this is my spaz attack idea of how to get more exersise in my life)
-Allow yourself to buy things, saving is good, but a reward is also a good idea
-Go to a Wizard Rock concert and have every artist sign something!
-Give actual money to charity as well as time
-Journal everyday even if it is to say you don't want to journal
-Never forget to be yourself!
I'm not sure, still working on it, but I'll certainly let you guys know what is on that list when I've finalized it :)
I went and reposted my post from last week, but I don't know if that did anything o_O Emily's post was saved as a draft, so that needs to be posted. Let us pray that the aliens will leave our blog alone this week so we won't miss anything!
The state of my room reflects the state of my mind at the time. Right now I have papers all over my floor as a result of a) this stupid research paper that is stupidly stupid and b) preparing to shoot my entry for the Ministry of Magic music video contest. The stupidly stupid research paper actually requires a lot of my attention, so this post will be realllly short.
The other day my friend posted on her facebook status: I feel like we're running down roads. Some people already know where they're going, others are just following a road already laid out for them. I don't know which road is the best one.
The best answer to this would probably indeed be found in Rachel's post: "Everybody ends up somewhere."
And then following up after that, "I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful." (Psst. Happy belated National Alaska Young Day.)
I wanted to suggest a theme for next week; a book week theme! Because I know we all love to read, but the only book I know we've all read is Harry Potter. So, next week, I think we should each post a list of our top 10 favorite books or something of that nature...
And speaking of books, today is awesome because I started reading Jellicoe Road and so far it is amazing.
Everybody ends up somewhere. Even the kids who you think will end up living in a box end up somewhere. I'm beginning to realize this, and to be honest it takes a lot of the stress off of things. It makes me remember that even if I don't get the grades I want, I'll still end up functional. There are plenty of people I know personally that have survived their childhoods in spite of themselves. If they can do it so can I.
Lately I have also realized that if people were more observant and conscientious, then maybe the world would function properly. I think this might be being echoed in every single blog in every single corner of the internet at the moment, but it's true. And I'm guilty of not being observant myself, but that doesn't mean I don't try.
And a third revelation. (I'm just full of it this week, aren't I? This one came while I was brushing my teeth last night and i just absolutely had to blog about it. I really did.) Every problem could be solved by clear and direct communication. Just saying something in the clearest possible way would solve everything from domestic disputes to the Israel-Palestine issue. (maybe not Israel-Palestine, but something equally large and possibly less complex and personal to so many people). Of course, that's not recognizing the people who say things to influence people. That's a whole different beast. That I didn't have any revelations about, and therefore I don't feel I have to impress my ideas upon you with that one.
And I just had a fourth (last one I promise). If people don't seem like they'll end up somewhere, i'll still do my best to belive in them. And if I'm not observant and other people aren't as well, then I just have to remember that nobody can do everything all the time, and the real point is trying. And if nobody communicates properly, i'll try to love them for it anyway, and hope for the same.
So If you've read the preceding paragraphs, you're probably pretty lucky. Because you missed the dripping sarcasm intermingling with the self-centered fifteen year-old musings of an adolescent who is currently listening to way too much indie folk for her own good and the fact that she's blogging about it probably says far too many things about the pretentiousness of the said fifteen year old. Enjoy your week.
A post script: There were a whole bunch of late posts last week, and I don't even see sandy's. This is weird. Is theresomething wrong with the posting button?
Confessions; 1. I worry that, if we continue this blog for another two years, the title of our blog wouldn't be applicable because I'll be 20...
2. Sometimes I won't like something purely because a lot of people do. I just like being contrary. And there's also the fun of discovering something totally indie that nobody else knew about.
3. The year 2011 feels especially surreal to me because this is the year I graduate. When I was younger, this year was some abstract date in the future and now... it's here.
4. Though I've had my license for over a year now, I am still terribly afraid of driving. I don't like the idea of all the responsibility. (Translation: I am a wimp!)
5. I get really irritated when people post clichés as their facebook status. I get even more irritated when someone else comments and says, "Wow! You're really deep!"
Resolutions; (which are much shorter!) 1. Finish manuscript for #TheNovel 2. Finish editing my nanowrimo novel 3. Updated my youtube channel at least twice a month 4. Read 130 books (to beat 2010's goal) 5. Make friends and be less awkward.