This was hard to narrow down. So many books that I love, love, love!
1. Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare, The Demon's Lexicon series by Sarah Rees Brennan, Graceling series by Kristin Cashore
--> The three have action, adventure, humor, romance, fantasy: all the things I love most
3. If I Stay by Gayle Forman - made me cry, made me rethink what I felt about life. Beautifully written. A book about love and a book about choices.
4. Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins - absolutely breathtaking, shocking, and haunting. This is the only series that made me cry the second time around reading it.
5. Shiver series by Maggie Stiefvater - unique prose, well-written, funny, and makes you laugh while you cry
6. Stolen by Lucy Christopher - I still get shivers thinking about this book. It's so psychologically intense. I know the ending will make me cry, but I still reread it over and over again because it's so beautiful.
7. Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine - the book that first inspired me to become serious about writing. Loved the main character, the writing, the story.
8. Oh, The Places You'll Go by Dr. Seuss - has an amazing message delivered in a cute format.
9. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte - I am not a big fan of classics, despised reading Wuthering Heights and I got bored halfway through The Scarlet Letter, but Jane Eyre is so intense - written so very well. The two leads bounce off each other, have so much chemistry, you can't help but keep reading. I'm very excited for the movie coming out!
10. Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols - I don't read much contemporary, but this book is extremely well-written, the characters are so well-defined and have so much chemistry, and the dialogue is hillarious!
And some books I've recently read that were really awesome:
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins (made me laugh so hard!)
Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta (beautifully, beautifully, beautifully written)
PS. Does anyone have a goodreads account? It's a cool site where you can win free books and keep track of the books you've read. You can add me as a friend here, if you'd like :D