Contributors

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

#P4A!!
I wish it wasn't over :( I wasn't around my computer as much as I wanted and I wished I could have participated more, but now I have something to look forward to next year :) I am also really proud of myself for donating real money to the raffles and participating in that way because usually that is not something I would do, but it feels really good. I think the Project for Awesome was, well... awesome this year! I saw some really great videos and found charities which I want to support. Because of Kristina Horner's video between now and February I will be crocheting caps for children (learn more here). I also will be getting a copy of John's Zombicorn novella, which I am very excited about.

Some thoughts on P4A this year: though I haven't participated in past years, what struck me about the old project for awesome videos and stories was the sense of community and underhandedness (for charity!) of the old P4A, I was very excited to be a part of that, but really, now the Project for Awesome is in conjunction with YouTube and we get fancy awesome Liveshows and I sort of miss the old way, despite the fact that I wasn't there for that. I know that John and Hank are aware of that because John expressed that much on Twitter, but I still miss that sense. I guess here's to hoping that next year's P4A will bring back the craziness and combine it with this year's amazing amount of money raising. As confirmed by Brotherhood 2.0's resident mathematician Daniel Biss $130,000 is a lot of money!

So I hope everyone has a happy holiday, whatever holiday you are celebrating! Me and my garlicy fingers are going to get some sleep now (I made garlic and parmesan mash potatoes for English class, haha)

-Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment