Contributors

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

2011 is a real year?

So yeah, 2011 doesn't exist in my mind yet... still! Is this a problem or is that coming in like 48 hours!!! *meep* 2010 is ending and I don't know if I'm ready for a new year. Time is such a strange thing. I absolutely can't believe that we've been at this for 5 months, or that I've been a nerdfighter for nearly a year.

Nerdfighteria came into my life at a time when I was changing a lot and defining a lot of who I am now. I do not feel like the person who was at the end of 2009. I've embrace my nerd-itude (okay, never using that word again) and immersed myself in the wonderful wiles of the internet. This has landed me with penpals in Australia as well as the US, a blog collab with awesome people, a better friendship with some of my IRL friends, an obbession of all things Harry Potter, that I'm very proud of and so many awesome experiences. I guess in some ways I feel like I've been a part of Nerdfighteria forever, but at the same time I feel like I'm completely new to this, I can't have become involved about a year ago!?

I love this place, however you want to define this; the internet, Nerdfighteria, this blog, I'm apart of all of it and that feels amazing. Just today I met like five people from the liveshow and now we are talking on Skype or on Tumblr and I love that Nerdfighteria can bring that to me.

I think what I am most proud of in 2010 and the thing that has changed me the most is Hank and John and this community. I can't really explain that to my teachers at school, or even most of the people I know, but they people who do get it know what I mean. Friends in all parts of the world that in some ways are just made of pixels and in some ways are more real than the classmates I've known for years.

So this has been a rambly, end-of-the-year post.
Oh and this:

Late Christmas present my awesome friend!

See you 2010! And I'll see blog you all in 2011!

-Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment