Contributors

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Lame post is lame.

jsaldjadkla

So I know I'm the one who brought up the Harry Potter theme week, but I have absolutely nothing to say about it. At alllll. Haha, maybe this week IS more like short post week, since I can't think of anything to write.

Uhm... Uh...

Well. I first heard about Harry Potter in the second grade. My teacher read the books out loud in class. We made it through the first three and part of the fourth. Fast forward to fifth grade, I hadn't read the books in the while, but I thought I'd jump into them again. I think that's when I really started getting into HP. Although, at that time, I only had a copy of book 5 - so I've read that one backward and forward a million times over.

I remember I had never really thought much of Dumbledore before. He just seemed to be That Cool Teacher or That Cool Dude in the series. It wasn't really until book 7 that I found him somewhat understandable, somewhat human, and not some SuperWizard.

I can't pick a favorite character, because that's like picking a favorite out of my best friend. And I can never think of Harry without his friends, even though he *is* the titular character. It's always been The Trio for me, always always.

To be honest, I've always been jealous of Harry. He gets to go to magic school. He has the two coolest friends ever. He's Harry freakin' Potter! Ha! Who doesn't want to be Harry Potter?

Today my friends and I were talking about the HP movie premiere, and of course that lead to talking about the books. A person brought up how a father gave his daughter a fake letter he wrote himself, and when she found out about it she was completely heartbroken that Hogwarts didn't really exist.

Well, I don't know about her, but I'm still waiting for my letter to Hogwarts.

It'll come. Eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment