Contributors

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Homecoming.

Some quick "me" things!
- My copy of Clockwork Angel arrived! Hurrah!
- A week ago I entered a writing contest. They announced the winners four days ago, I among them. You can read my story here if you'd like :D

---

When I was a freshman, I was one of those kids who liked being contrary and thought that not following the crowd was cool. Now I am a senior about to head off to homecoming this Saturday (my 2nd time going), and now that I am so much older and wiser I feel like punching my freshman self in the face. Instead, I'm going to address this issue maturely by writing myself a letter.

Dear Annoying Freshman Sandy,
Just because you don't like homecoming it doesn't make you cooler than all the kids who want to go. It just makes you all alone homecoming dance night when you're stuck at home doing nothing. Homecoming doesn't have to be about loving your school. It can be about hanging out with the friends you love who go to your school. So, stop hiding at home and go do something with your life. Besides, tickets are only ten dollars. Are you really that cheap?
Sincerely,
The Sandy that Knows Better


That said, anyone else planning on going to their homecoming dance if you have one at your school?

No comments:

Post a Comment