Contributors

Tuesday, August 31, 2010


Blogging. 
               I must admit that this is my first blog ever. That said, I would like to apologize in advance for sounding awkward, or having strange sentence structure, or something else that may be a problem at the moment. I'm hoping that blogging is just one of those things that gets better with time. Maybe looking back on this post will be like looking at a sixth grade diary. You just sort of cringe at all of it, from the handwriting to the boy you liked to the strange music you listened to. So at this point it might be worthwhile to just bookmark this little site and come back to it in five or six Mondays when I actually have it all figured out and the blog is worth reading. Please note that I am in no way speaking for the other girls. They might know things about blogging. 
              When I say 'the other girls' I'm talking about my fellow nerdfighters Emily, Anna Sandy, and Maggie. (sorry for any spelling errors). This blog is actually a collaboration between five very cool people from different parts of North America. 
              Like lots of things, this blog is a project. It's something that's going to change over time. Get better, or maybe worse, or just different. Maybe one day there will be lots of people reading this, and I'm going to cringe, just like when I dare to pick up my diary and see what my sixth grade self was like. Or maybe it's just going to be a bunch of girls blogging to an audience of four for months to come. 
              And before I forget and just launch into some random tangent about Mondays and boys, I should do some sort of background thing right? So yeah. I'm Rachel. I like music and being outside and trashy television shows. I know there are things that I don't enjoy, but at the moment nothing comes to mind except brussel sprouts. I'm fifteen. My best subject is history. My worst has yet to be determined, it's a new year right? Time for setting goals and waking up at normal hours and having an organized locker. Very exciting. 
              So anyway, happy Monday everyone. It's not the best day of the week, but it's better than Tuesday. Cos by Tuesday you're ready for friday, but you're stuck four days away. Monday's the day that you get to see the friends who weren't around that weekend. Or when you get to stare once again at the nicely shaped head of the boy in front of you and wonder how his genetics allowed for such a perfect dome shape. (It makes me wish I knew his mother). 
             And with that, I wish you all good week. I hope I figure this whole blog thing out next week. Because if I don't it's going to be a long year. 

PS. THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE UP YESTERDAY. I POSTED TO THE WRONG SITE. 

PPS. THERE WAS ALSO SUPPOSED TO BE A REALLY COOL LAYOUT AND STUFF. I'LL WORK ON THAT.

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to let you know, if go to edit post then post options (at the bottom above "publish") you can change the date of this post so it appears on Monday.

    Great Monday post, btw :D I'm sure you're going to get into the swing of things soon.

    ReplyDelete