Contributors

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A Wednesday, After a Tuesday.....

is special compared to all those other Wednesdays that don't come after Tuesdays.
(Emily is a spaz today)

First off I want to thank you guys for all your kind words about my post!
(clicky the gif for full effect!)
Sandy I really like what you wrote about how the lines can blur between the things. I hadn't really thought about that but that is a really good point. I hope things work out well for you at whatever college you end up going to!

So, it is December 1st, and I feel like this a beginning. I suppose it is in some ways, a new month, a new holiday season and such, but it is also an end. The end of fall and the end of the year of 2010 (any one else having trouble picturing 2011? It doesn't seem real to me, and its only a month away!)

I'm very excited for December for a couple of reasons, one is that I turn 17 on December 14th and I think it will be the first birthday in awhile where I will get some fun gifts. Don't get me wrong, I love and am grateful for useful gifts, but getting long underwear and backpacks for my trip to Madagascar wasn't easy to get really excited about. 

I'm also excited about December because of more Harry Potter Alliance stuff. This month's horcrux is the Dementor Horcrux. This month will be all about trying to conjure our own patronuses in the face of hard times and stress and such. This is something I think every body needs help with from time to time, and myself is certainly included in that. I'm excited to see what this month brings and hope to see lots of hope in the things I see in December, despite that it is the darkest time of year.

During the Livestream a bunch of people talked about how they used to keep journals everyday. I want to try to do that. I've never been able to keep a journal longer than a week in my life, but for the month of December I'm going to try to write a page in my journal each morning. I'll let you know how that challenge goes.

Now I'm off to (post this on time for once *sheepish grin*) and to write the first entry in my journal! Have a good week, girls!

-Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment