Contributors

Monday, November 29, 2010

Thankfulness and MUN

first order of business: Things I am thankful for.
Lots and lots of things.
In the past, lists like these have made me uncomfortable, and to some degree they still do. Listing things that one is thankful for has always seemed a little like going through someone's underwear drawer. Mine isn't too exciting. I have a lot to be thankful for. these are the things that are coming to mind. I wasn't expecting it to be quite so campy, but all of them are true.  The last one is the most important. There's so many of them.

supportive parents
living in the first world
 a really really good public school district
living where I can freely express myself
The teachers that really do believe in me
the internet, sometimes
places without the internet, sometimes
the musical instruments in my house, especially the piano and the guitar.
the people in my life who make me happy and who put up with me when i'm not.
all the cool stuff i do. (see below)

At school, I'm the president of our Model United Nations. We have like six people, but it's by far my favorite extracurricular. At MUN you go to conferences with an assigned country and represent that country at a committee. The committees have topics, and you debate those topics according to what your country's leaders would do. It's incredible fun, and I've learned so much from it. I've also met some really cool people through it, and i think it might help me get into college.

lastly, i would like to thank Emily for that last post. The idea of boxes really struck home with me. It's good to keep in mind that the things you say could have more of an impact than we realize. Have a good week everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment